In a previous post, I shared a list of Twenty Declarations – things I absolutely know to be true. I’ve added to them over time:
21. Ain’t no way out but through!
22. Don’t pre-plan your bummers.
23. You can’t think outside the box if you don’t know what box you’re in.
24. Creating and evaluating are two different mindsets which require different tools and methods. (Yes, and vs. No, because)
25. The easier it is to do something, the more likely you are to actually DO it.
26. I know what I know.
27. Many of our conflicts cannot be solved or fixed; they are part of the dance of human interaction. With practice, we CAN learn to dance together more gracefully and step on each other’s toes less often.
28. You will be a better dancer if you can both lead AND follow.
29. It’s easier if you’re both dancing to the same music.
30. Belonging and Participation are dance partners.
31. The workshop is NOT the work.
32. You can’t use your superpowers on yourself!